1. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
2. FIRST PARTY COOKIES
First-party cookies are cookies set by the specific website You visit i.e. the website displayed in the URL window.
3. THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Third party cookies are set by third party services that appear on our pages. They are set by the operators of that service and are not in our control. They are set by e.g. Twitter, Facebook and other advertisers or file sharing platforms. They may use the information they obtain from Your use of their cookies to track Your browser across multiple websites; to build a profile of your web surfing; or, to target advertisements which may be of particular interest to You.
4. COOKIE CATEGORIES
The type of cookies used on websites can be put into 1 of 4 categories, based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide to cookie categories.
A. Strictly Necessary Cookies:
These cookies are essential, as they enable You to move around a website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas. Without these cookies, the Services You have asked for (such as access to secure areas) cannot be provided. These cookies don't gather information about You that could be used for marketing or remembering where You have been on the internet. These cannot be restricted or blocked.
B. Performance Cookies:
These cookies collect information about how You use a website, for example which pages You go to most often and if You get any error messages from certain pages. These cookies do not gather information that identifies You. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a website works. These cookies are not used to target You with online advertising. Without these cookies we cannot learn how our Site is performing and make relevant improvements that could better Your browsing experience. These can be restricted or blocked.
C. Functionality & Profile Cookies:
These cookies allow a website to remember choices You make (such as Your user name, language or the region You are in) and tailor the website to provide enhanced features and content for You. For instance, they remember Your login details and allow You to watch videos. They also ensure the onsite marketing and experience is relevant to You. These cookies can also be used to remember changes You have made to text size, font and other parts of pages that You can customise. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous and they cannot track Your browsing activity on other websites. Without these cookies, a website cannot remember choices You have previously made or personalise Your browsing experience. These can be restricted or blocked.
D. Targeting Cookies:
These cookies gather information about Your browsing habits. They remember that You have visited a website and share this information with other organisations such as advertisers. They do this in order to provide You with adverts that are more relevant to You and Your interests. Although these cookies can track Your visits to other websites, they do not usually know who You are. Without these cookies, online advertisements You encounter will be less relevant to You and Your interests. These can be restricted or blocked.
Cookies on our Site are used for many purposes including but not limited to:
- enabling a HYS Member to register on the Site (be verified) and to have such details remembered for later by utilising a HYS Login;
- enabling a HYS Member to avail of the HYS Services;
- enabling a HYS Member to participate in the HYS Program and to potentially earn HYS Commissions;
- recognising Your computer when You visit our Site;
- improving the Site’s usability;
- analysing the use of our Site;
- administrating the Site;
- preventing fraud and improving the security of the Site;
- personalising our Site for You
- we may at our discretion take advantage of the following Google Analytics features: Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Using the Google Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads. We may make use of Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet. We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to your website. We make use of Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting using Google's 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics.
Below is a full list of the cookies used by www.haveyouseen.com along with which cookie category they slot in to, whether they are first or third party, what their purpose is and when they expire on Your device:
|COOKIE NAME||TYPE OF COOKIE||FIRST OR THIRD PARTY||PURPOSE||EXPIRE|
|PHPSESSID||STRICTLY NECESSARY||First party||Cookie generated by applications based on the PHP language. This is a general purpose identifier used to maintain user session variables||End of session|
|hys.user.referral||STRICTLY NECESSARY||First party||In order to track which user brought an item onto the site in order to allocate relevant loyalty points||End of session|
|__utma||PERFORMANCE||Third party||This is one of the main cookies set by the Google Analytics service which enables haveyouseen to track visitor behaviour and measure site performance. It it used to calculate new and returning visitor statistics||2 years|
|__utmc||PERFORMANCE||Third party||This is one of the main cookies set by the Google Analytics service which enables haveyouseen to track visitor behaviour and measure site performance and to identify new sessions/visits for returning visitors||End of Session|
|__unam||FUNCTIONALITY & PROFILE||Third party||Associated with the ShareThis social sharing widget placed in a site to enable sharing of content across various social networks. It counts clicks and shares of a page.||End of Session|
|__utmz||PERFORMANCE||This cookie identifies the source of traffic to the site - so Google Analytics can tell us where visitors came from when arriving on the site||6 months|